Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nomadic Love.

Today I realized something I've known all along. I am not made to be in one place my whole life.

My whole life all I have wanted is to travel the world and see new places! I don't care how I get to these destinations, but I am going to get there! My mind has been mad, I can't change it for anything. And in all honesty, I don't care what I have to do to achieve this.. Yes, marrying a European or Military man would be preferred(; BUT! I am willing to take anything to see this fabulous, adventurous, oh so mysterious world God has created!

I realized tonight that no one will be able to take this itch away. This sounds silly, but I was interested in this guy.. (Oh no, I know....) and he was interested in me too.. He's a great guy and all, a Christian, cute, and athletic.. Perfect huh? But he decided he wanted to be a school teacher and coach basketball.........

Now that is fine and all, but being a teacher 90% of the time means you're stationary.... NOT NOMADIC.
This would be okay and all if he thrived to travel... which he doesn't...
I knew right away this was not going to work for us! He might be great, but I need an adventurous nomadic man to live my life out with! I need someone who is okay with catching trains at 3:00 am just so we can end up in southern Italy by 10:00 am the next day. I need someone who is kind and sweet, but knows how to push through a crowd to get to a destination. I need someone cultured, and well aware of of the world around them... not just their small itty bitty hometown. I need a nomad who isn't afraid of just seeing what could happen.

Now, I know what you're thinking... "Traveling isn't for everyone." You're correct! But me being with a stationary guy would mean me not doing what I dream of. And whats the point of marrying someone if they can't make you happy and H E L P you fulfill your dreams? I want a backpacking buddy, not a cuddle buddy. 

I need a nomadic love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment