Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Acceptance.

Growing up a military brat has taught me a lot of things when it comes to acceptance. Just because of your skin color, language, or customs does not mean I will not accept you.

Diversity has been something so ingrained in my life that anything different would just be bizarre. Things being the same is so foreign to me, that I look for stuff new and unaccustomed. My only constant  my whole life has been God and my family. Friends come and go. Even the greatest person in your life will fade away and become a stranger.

I've learned through my nineteen years of life that you have to make friends and talk to people no matter the situation. I've had black best friends, Hispanic, and white. When people say they don't  like said races, I get really confused. Yeah maybe their ways of doing things maybe different, but the way my family might act is probably way different then the white family down the road.

Living in Italy really opened me up to different cultures and people. I went to an American school that was pretty much international and I played sports with locals. Everyone is different. My family, is a Christian family who didn't curse or drink, but the family next door that did we got along fine with. Just because you're different, doesn't mean you can't be someones friend.

Being a military brat has talk me diversity is perfect. Why would you want a whole base full of families just like yours? When you move around a lot, you make friends with whoever, whenever. If you worry about color or type, it will be time to move again and then what? What would you get out of not accepting different people? Nothing.

I have been blessed to be raised to accept everyone and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment