Saturday, September 4, 2010

Moving...or Traveling?

"I miss that town I miss their faces You can't erase You can't replace it I miss it now I can't believe it So hard to stay Too hard to leave it"
Moving around has been hard, but I wouldn't change that for a million dollars!

I don't see moving as a chore, or punishment but as a experience. I lived from coast to coast and over the pond. I have seen, heard, and learn things the average American teen cannot say they have. I am a girl with dreams that are probably bigger then  your average small town girl. I am not from anywhere, but just about everywhere. I have seen the tower leaning and the blues of the sea. I have seen the migration and felt the sand. I've soaked up the sun and ate the oranges. I felt the dirt and seen the deer. I have felt the boredom and froze from the cold. Most of all I have lived.

Each move has had its difficulties. Each move have had its differences. I've heard the many languages. I have heard the whistle of the wind from east to west. I have with my own ears heard the cry of friends when I moved. I have heard the hustle and bustle of markets, and the squirrels in the trees. I have heard the words of each new place. I have heard the word of God from to many mouths to count. I hear so many goodbyes and hellos. I hear "I love you" then "Who are you?" I've heard a lot in my past 16 years..

Every  move I've made it has opened up my eyes to a new culture, new place, new people, and most of all a new me. I learned the way of many, but never really learned their place. I've learned languages, and grammar; Italian with a twang. I learned the meaning of a real goodbye when I was two and had it ingrained ever since. I learned that family isn't just blood, but the people who support, love, and care for you. I learned that you have two families when your a military brat, the family that your born into and the Family that even after five moves....are there for you. I learned a lot from everyplace I lived, but the one thing I learned is that that the people you still talk to since you were two are the only people who will be there in the end...

I love to travel and as you can see it is a necessities for my life. I've lived in Florida, Cali, Bama, Italy, and Ohio. I am glad I moved everywhere I did. I've learned so much that makes me who I am today. I hope to join the military like my dad did so I can travel the world with my kids like my parents. I have been to 17 states and four countries. I cant wait for my next move to see where it takes me in life (:

No comments:

Post a Comment